Is it your first time in San Francisco? Cool! Did you know that San Francisco City Guides offers dozens of free guided walking tours, all over the city, throughout the year?
Things get special during the months of May and October so you’re so lucky to be in SF around these times when the San Francisco weather is particularly pleasant, City Guides add a slate of rare neighborhood explorations to its year-round tour schedule.
On Thursday, October 25, 2018, see the last and largest of the murals done by Diego Rivera in the U.S.: Pan American Unity, painted for the Golden Gate International Exposition in 1940.
Meeting point is at the lobby of Diego Rivera Theatre (approach from Judson), San Francisco City College, Judson and Phelan. Public transportation: MUNI lines K streetcar, 36. See you at 10:30 am.
- 1850S San Francisco: Paris Du Pacifique
- 1906: Phoenix Rising
- Bungalows of Westwood Park(Sat 10/20 at 10am)
- Diego Rivera Mural at City College(Thu 10/25 at 10:30am)
- Ghost Walk At City Hall(Mon 10/29 at 6:30pm)
- Golden Gate Heights Stairways
- Inner Richmond: Part I(Sun 10/21 at 10am)
- Inner Richmond: Part II(Sun 10/28 at 10am)
- Davidson Hike
- North of the Panhandle(Thu 10/11 at 1pm)
- Old South Park(Sun 10/21 at 1pm)
- Sacred Places In San Francisco(10/18 and 10/25 at 1pm)
- Tenderloin Neighborhood Part I
- Tenderloin Neighborhood Part II(Sun 10/14 at 9am
- Uncovering the Parkside(Sun 10/21 at 1pm)
- Visitacion Valley Part II(Sat 10/27 at 11am)
- West Side Whimsy Walk
Go off the beaten path and discover a lot of things from colorful characters, beautiful vistas to charming architectural treasures that can be found in communities. Each San Francisco neighborhood has a distinct architecture, history, and personality that deserve in-depth exploration.
Please note: All tours are free, but donations accepted. First come, first served. Certain tours below have dates which are TBD.